صفحه اصلی » درباره ما / انگلیسی
GDEA (Gabric Diabetes Education Association) is an Iranian NGO founded in the year 2006 by key endocrinologists, benefactors, and motivated type 1 diabetics. GDEA's mission is to improve the lives of people with diabetes and to promote primary, secondary and tertiary diabetes prevention via education, awareness-raising, and establishing motivations. Most of the staffs (excluding diabetes educators) are well-controlled diabetic patients who provide peer-to-peer consultation and motivation for others. Providing a comprehensive model of diabetes school for education, it has been selected as the best practice of diabetes education in the Middle East and North Africa in 2010. The name Gabric is borrowed from a river in Southern Iran.
- All members can receive free diabetes educational advising from well-controlled diabetic staffs
- The formation and organization of a Donor Club (A club of donors which supports GDEA based on their financial capabilities and expertise) and
- Ambassadors Club (A club of volunteers who co-operate with the organization to raise diabetes-awareness across the country)
- Regular conferences, seminars and training programs in cooperation with the municipality and MOH in order to raise diabetes awareness in medical communities and public
- An innovative series of diabetes educational programs for children (aged 6-12) called Keepo Adventures
- Insulin My Friend, a creative educational campaign targeting the different aspects of type 1 diabetes, carried out by professional diabetes educators nationwide
- A complete assortment of books, booklets and newsletters covering a variety of diabetes-Launching www.gabric.ir as the most comprehensive diabetes website in Persian language
Has currently more than 60,000 members
Covers its costs via donation, corporate sponsorship and membership fees
Provides all services free of charge for children younger than 12
Gifts special physiological support, motivation, and unique educational program to children and their parents
Recruits and trains type 1 diabetics as employees
Performs activities which are complementary to physicians’ treatment, and in this way helps to promote better diabetes control
Follows an organizational value of acting and thinking in Gabric Way
Diabetes Education Programs
As a comprehensive Diabetes School, a variety of programs for different target groups has been developed which are conducted in simple words by professional diabetes educators through group-learning classes. They are customized according to local needs such as specific nutritional habits in Iran. GDEA currently has 15 different programs based on most updated and trusted references and protocols. These programs are in 5 different levels covering a variety of target groups (patients with different needs and HCPs). Our association also teaches principles of diabetes education to heath care professionals involved in health care system all over the country.
Insulin My Friend is a national campaign led by GDEA targeting type 1 diabetics and Health Care Professionals throughout the country, specially deprived areas. The main objectives are raising awareness, giving motivation and teaching self-management skills to young patients and give necessary skills to HCPs who work as diabetes educator to promote awareness and patient education.
It is under the aim of uniting diabetes-related parties such as physicians, local diabetes associations, medical universities, corporate sponsors and donors.
Bank Account for Donation: No. 0102334117001, Bank Saderat, Gandi Jonoubi branch, Code No. 4555
Website: www.gabric.ir Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telfax: +98-21-82433
Address:#4, 16th St., Khaled Eslamboli (Vozara) Ave., Argentina Sq., Tehran, 1511767111, Iran
Gabric Diabetes Education Association